Acceptable Conduct Policies
These policies are intended to help protect our customers, the Internet Community and us, from irresponsible and illegal activities. These policies establish operating guidelines, principals and standards, relating to the use of our computer hardware, software, network and other services we provide ("Our Services") and other Internet resources.
Internet Knowledge: The customer shall have a basic knowledge of the Internet and its operating principles, procedures, and its guidelines for acceptable use.
Improper Use: The customer shall not, nor shall the customer be a benefactor of, participate in, or permit or assist others to, abuse or fraudulently use Our Services or the Internet, including but not limited to the following:
- Sending unsolicited e-mail or making an improper newsgroup or list server posting, which causes a complaint from any recipient of such e-mail or posting.
- Mail & News Bombing - Sending a large quantity of unsolicited or unwanted e-mail to an individual e-mail address or posting excessively to any newsgroup or list server or e-mailing or posting a binary or excessively large file, posting or e-mail.
- Attempting to access, or gaining access to, any of Our Services for which we have not specifically authorized such access, or attempting to access, or gaining access to, any other Internet resource for which appropriate permission was not specifically granted.
- Obtaining, or attempting to obtain, any of Our Services or any other Internet resource, by any means or device, with the intent to avoid payment to us or others therefore.
- Gaining unauthorized access to, altering, modifying, destroying, or making an attempt there at, any information belonging to us, our customer or others.
- Engaging, or participating, in any activity which causes a denial-of-service for us, any of our customers, any other user of our computer hardware, software, network or other of Our Services or any other user of the Internet.
- Using Our Services to interfere with the use of Our Services or the Internet by any other customer or any other user, or in violation of any law or in the aid of any unlawful act.
- Restricting or inhibiting any other user from using and enjoying the Internet.
- Using a non-existent or inaccurate return address on any e-mail message, news group or list server posting or manipulating (spoofing or forging) any message header, in part or whole, to conceal the true identity or true return address of the sender.
- Trolling - Posting outrageous messages to a news group or list server, which generates numerous responses.
- Subscribing an individual or entity to a mailing list without prior expressed permission to do so.
- Cross Posting articles or messages to an excessive number of news groups or list servers.
- Posting, publishing, transmitting, reproducing or distributing any information, image or software which contains a virus or any other harmful component.
- Posting, publishing, transmitting, reproducing or distributing or in any way exploiting any information, software, or other material obtained through or from Our Services for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the provider of such information, software or other material).
- Using any software or any device which would allow you to stay logged on while you are not actively using Our Services.
- Disrupting any newsgroup or list server with frivolous, vulgar or repetitious postings.
- Utilizing "auto-responders," "cancel-bots" or similar automated or manual software, devices or routines, which generate excessive amounts of network traffic, or disrupt newsgroups or list servers or e-mail used by others.
- Sending any message, document or file by use of an "auto-responder" which does not prominently display the sentence "This is an Automated Response to you Request." or similar sentence or phrase which notifies the recipient that the message, document or file was not sent unsolicited.
We reserve the right to determine what constitutes improper use.
Compliance with All Laws: The customer shall use Our Services and the Internet in full compliance with all laws and regulations and shall not post, publish or transmit any information or image constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal or international law or regulation, including without limitation the U.S. export control laws and regulations, laws protecting intellectual property including without limitation copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, proprietary information, misappropriation and anti-dilution laws and laws and regulations concerning tortious interference, libel, defamation and invasion of privacy.
Validation of Information: The customer shall be responsible for validating the integrity of the information and data it receives and transmits over the Internet and which it stores on our hardware or network.
Security: The customer shall protect the security of its information and data, and Our Services. The customer shall not disclose any password, for access to any of Our Services, to any third party.
Objectional Content: Sites, which are commonly termed "Adult Sites" and "Warez Sites," are not permitted on our network. Further, the customer shall not publish, post, transmit, reproduce or distribute any threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, offensive, indecent, pornographic, lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, adult in nature, profane, satanic or otherwise objectionable information or image of any kind. The customer shall not publish, post, transmit, reproduce or distribute any "pirated" software, information concerning "pirating" software, gaining unlawful use of copyrighted software or other copyrighted works, breaking or defeating any electronic or mechanical security mechanism or system, "hacking" into any computer system or computer component, gaining unlawful access or use of any computer system or computer component, or any otherwise objectionable information or material of any kind. We reserve the right to determine what constitutes objectional content, information and material.
Amendment: These policies may be amendment by us, from time to time and at any time, without prior notice.